Saturday, November 21, 2015

2015 Rogers & Rufus Rosè


I've found a Rogers & Rufus in a Northern Rivers bottle-shop: their 2015 Rosè. Rosè is all Rogers and Rufus make, and so far they haven't made a dud, and that includes the 2015. Although as I write this, I find I have only ever written up the 2011. The R&R Rosè had its first vintage in 2009, and I feel like I must have had the other, in-between vintages, familiar as I am with this wine. The 2015's most striking aspect is its very, very pale salmon-pink colour. And of course their good-looking bottle, with its (relatively) distinct cloth strip wrapped around the bottle's neck. As I said of the 2011, this has got to be one of the great Rosès. Only in press for one-four hours with fermentation from naturally occurring yeast, it, indeed has, as the website says, strawberries and cream and blood orange in a dry and textured wine. In the case of R&R, a Rosè is a Rosè is a Rosè.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment