Saturday, May 27, 2017

2012 Rowanston On the Track Heathcote Viognier

It was good to see a straight Viognier in a bottle shop. But this was disappointing. Cheapish, but watery like a watered-down Chardonnay. Pale in colour too. Was I getting confused with Vermentino? As I write this up, I noticed it is a Heathcote wine.  Heathcote is terrific for Rose, but I've yet to come upon another good varietal for the region. 'Winemakers John and Marilyn Frederiksen operate this small family vineyard and winery  on the famous Burke and Wills Track'. It could do with a better label. In plane green and white it looks a little no-brandish. But as I look seriously again, the image is doubled: green for potentially a drop of wine, and that drop shape forming a female's breasts/cleavage: was this intended? I think not, as the colours are not sensuous.

No comments:

Post a Comment