Friday, May 19, 2017

2016 Two's Company Evans and Tate Sav Blanc, Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay


Evans and Tate, whose wines I have kept way from because in the past I remember headaches accompanying them, currently have a cheapie 2016 Two's Company of Sav Blanc, Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay. Though I think that a sure-fire recipe for success is single vineyard, single variety (matched to place) and wild ferment, nevertheless I do like Semillon Chardonnay (now truly very difficult to get, even though it was supposedly an Oz wine staple) and this E&T mix which is a good quaffer, much better than a Sav Blanc on its own (unless, of course, it’s Shaw & Smith or Cloudy Bay or the pink Toi Toi Marlbourough Hidden Treasure sauvignon (to which Pinot Noir is added)). (I do also clearly like parentheses.) Though shouldn’t the E&T be called Ménage à Trois?

No comments:

Post a Comment